View Single Post
Bad LT

Quote:
Originally Posted by baloo View Post
Uncle,
So, you must be an engineer, or have a similar occupation that requires attention to detail, multi-tasking, setting goals, and accomplishing the mission.

Either that, or military, or maybe physician.

Something like that. I'm not an engineer but do have engineering qualifications along with 6sigma and LEAN post grad stuff. I work as a department head in an explosives plant managing a plant within the plant and the on-site Lab. As a rule in an explosives plant, before you do anything you plan it 15 times,peer review it, re-think it then plan it another 15 times. Then you let it sit for 3 weeks while you think about it a bit more. If anything ticks a box other than 100% yes you start again from the beginning. I kid you not it took me 3 months to change the type of mop heads my guys use in a non-hazardous environment.
You have to consider every kind of scenario like what if they chucked a mop head in the rubbish bin and someone pulled it out and used it in another part of the plant. Could it have a negative outcome IE worst case a very very very big hole in the ground. Most likely no but it must be the first consideration then work back from there.

Anyway my point is I work in my shed and how I go about a project is the same way to an extent. I spend as much time thinking things though as I spend doing things. I don't have much spare time as I have a 14 month old son so when I am in the shed I like to get things done.
LOL as you would of seen with my oil pump mount it changes until I come up with the V3.0 and the right one. My old man had me sitting on a wooden box with a 351 head a set of valves and some valve grinding paste by the time I was 4. By the time I was 5 he would half fill ( a full pot was too heavy for me to lift) the pot on a spray gun to paint the doors on his Taxi cabs lol. 35 years later I am still learning new things and arguing with him that Matte Black is a nice colour when I see him.

P.S Great thread by the way. I am sure people will find this helpful. Feel free to copy and paste my points into your fist post if you like. Might save other people needing to read my dribble.

Last edited by Uncle; 06-03-2013 at 06:19 PM..
Old 06-03-2013, 06:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)