View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark houghton View Post
Ok, let me tailor my response a bit (I was in my "box"at the time -so I'll try thinking out of it). I guess I can understand the desire to have turbo power for those that don't (yet) own a car made with that in mind (i.e., a 930). We all want mo' powa', so the lure to modify a perfectly fine NA 911 3.2 can be strong. Plus, if I'm not wrong, a well done conversion with that engine yields some pretty impressive performance. Just thinking cost vs. benefit vs. headaches. But for a driven person that can see a project through, the rewards have got to be worth it.
Ahhh there we go!

The 3.2, lovely car but by modern standards is far from impressive, my girlfriends GTI would show one a clean pair. If you keep it all simple, I think it's a good reliable base for turboing, remember the bottom end is almost identical to a 930, the heads are free flowing (not made out of as good material, but capable) the cams are basically SC cams that most 930 guys upgrade to, that's before we start on the intake and efi that comes along with the package.

Anyway, as I said, you have a white 930 (my fav) so you can throw stones around if you wish.
'18 C63S Coupe
Old 06-03-2013, 07:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)