View Single Post

I have updated the original list to reflect everyones' comments.

I want to say that while this list may certainly apply to most projects, the tendency for the turbo project to fall flat was driven home to me by three things:

1) The fact that a turbo installation is laid out very well by many other installers, and is really quite simple, in comparison to, for example, dropping the engine and rebuilding it.

2) In spite of this simplicity, I noted the large number of turbo projects posted that all start out the same way -- with enthusiasm and grandiose ideas -- but which fizzle. I have seen this over and over on Pelican, Rennlist, and four other similar forums (Jag, Corvette, DIY turbo, and Z4). In fact, the more enthusiasm that I see in the initial post, the more my heart sinks, knowing the probable outcome.

2) My own treading water for over one year in regards to getting my own turbo installed. Fact is that I am forewarned by other's fizzled projects. I refuse to start this project until I get every single piece together, laid our in the living room floor, down to the individual clamps and bolts. I do not want a stalled project sitting in the garage again.
Now, why don't I have all the pieces together yet??? Yeah, that's a good question. I think it's because of too many other competing priorities that arise as a result of daily living.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)