View Single Post

Garage
I would think its quite easy to come up with a list of all required parts due to the number of threads from people doing a turbo add on.

Doing my own install I got a simple list together from reading several other posts.
The only parts I needed to buy during the install was extra hose clips some silicone vacuum pipe and some small sundry bits and bobs.

I myself got impatient with my install but only due to the fact I could only work on the car on Saturdays, so it ended up taking a few months.

The install itself was very easy, I only had help with dropping and reinstalling the engine. Although the engine was only dropped to ease access to the oil feed and vacuum lines on the throttle body (with a 3.2 you may not need to drop the engine)

I leant a hell of alot doing the install and I started with only the info I could find on Pelican threads. I have no real previous experience with working on cars.

The guys on Pelican where great with all the info and help.

It seams most people have issues with two key areas when doing the install :

Fueling
Oil Return From Turbo

But these issues are more relevant to the 3.0 CIS cars not the 3.2
Fueling on the 3.2 can be controlled via motronic brain (chip) and maybe an adjustable fuel pressure regulator.
Oil return is a simple fitting to the drain plug on the 3.2

The only real issues I have encountered so far are the ones above and the oil return causing the most issues, although I think I may have now sorted it (on my CIS 3.0).

Get a list together with the info on the Pelican threads.
Keep it simple, just go for the simplest install to begin with, then once up and running you can add extra's and tweek (by that time you will know the setup inside out).
Start your own thread and list the parts there, I'm sure all the guys here will help to identify if you have missed anything.
Start the install, post your progress as much as possible and everyone will chip in with advice and info if you need it

Its well worth it for the sounds alone (from the Zork) (the extra power is just a bonus)
1980 SC Flatnose, Euro 3.0, LW Flywheel, 993 Cams, Port & Polish Heads, RS Cut Valves, Magnacor Leads, Boxster Brakes, WEVO Mounts, TRG Roll Bars, Rollcage, RSR rear fenders, WEVO Shifter, K27 7200 Turbo, OBX Headers, Tial Wastegate, Omex 710 ECU, 3.2 Intake, Full Bay Intercooler.....400HP

Last edited by gavinc69; 06-04-2013 at 10:13 AM..
Old 06-04-2013, 09:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)