View Single Post
Brando

Garage
Can I add?
Here is my list of reasons mine worked.

1) My wife wanted me to have it. I wouldn't even have tried because my ex wife hated my love of cars and controled my car nature. My currant wife encouraged it to the point that I almost had to do it My wife is a big reason I could do this.
2) I have the means to do it.(barely) The way I did it seemed to be an affordable way and it was by comparrison to some on pelican, but that does not mean it was cheep. I don't have a running total because I don't want too.
3) I have another good vehicle. If you rely on this car then you setting yourself up for failure and frustration.
4) I had time. I didn't need it done next week. I actually took a lot of time building my engine, no hurry.
5) I didn't do anything crazy. My conversion included everything factory parts except the turbo and oil feed line. No drama and no re-inventing the wheel so to speak. Since the origional conversion I've installed an Andial/Garritson intercooler. BWT, if your wanting to do any crazy add ons and your running the 915 gearbox your retarded. It can't take too much turbocharged torque.
6) Sure it was a big deal to me to rebuild the engine, but I didn't make it unbelievable in my mind. Some guy in Germany put it all together and I'm a guy so why can't I do it too? It's not rocket science. You can in fact do it.

I can't think of anything else.
It is doable, If you have a list like me, then do it if you want too.

I love my car!
I drive it every single day. It's hot here so I'm putting together a bunch of parts for ac because I don't want to sweat but I'm driving my car.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)