View Single Post

Let's keep it in perspective here... what are your goals for turbocharging a NA 911? Reliability factors will depend on use and overall design. Plan to use as daily driver or the occassional stop light "romp"? Keep it close to a 930 design as possible (K27, J-pipe). Want 500HP to enter SCCA and tear up the track? Call Turbokraft!

When people discuss failed turbocharging projects we often times don't hear about intended use and expectations. I was very realistic in the scop and goal of my project... Daily driver and occassional, light track use. So far, I could not be happier!

Just be realistic with how you plan to treat the car and then plan accordingly. If you're still having fears of modifying your pefectly good 911 to a turbo, remember it will still behave just like a NA motor (OFF BOOST)UNTIL/EXCEPT when you begin to build boost. This is where is becomes CRITICAL to have fuel and timing correct, no secret there... many ways to accomplish this, all of which are documented here on this board.
- SOLD! '85 928S 5sp with LSD

Last edited by cliyde; 06-05-2013 at 12:01 PM..
Old 06-05-2013, 11:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)