View Single Post

Garage
1987 930 Low Idle, Chugging, Hesitation

I have a new to me 87 930, original Canadian car. I am new to 930's but have some knowledge of 911's, but of the carb'd kind. When purchased 2000 km's ago it seemed to run fine, it now starts but then almost stalls, idles very low (400-500) almost seeming as if its chugging, I can give it some gas and it will come out of it, but then sinks back down, cold or hot. Accelerating has some low rpm bucking as if I'm loosing ignition or fuel for a second then comes back to life, then hesitation right from idle through to red line, it seemed as if it came and went at first now its just being a pain. Still boosts at 3k but again I can feel it missing up top as well.

I pulled 4 of 6 plugs, I don't have all the tools with me where I am right now, but I'm going to try and limp it home tomorrow night (140 km ) and check the other two. Wires look old as does the ignition, so I ordered a set of Clewett engineering wires, new DPO plugs, dizzy cap and rotor. I have a spare blaster and MSD 6al at home so I will try and rule these out first.

What would be my next best place to start looking?

Thanks for your time guys!
Old 06-05-2013, 01:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)