View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence88mph View Post
Tilikum, you always make these BS, unfounded claims. Why would a 3.3 be more reliable than a 3.2 and have a better chance of passing smog?

Making a statement like 'seeing so many crash and burn projects' then not backing it up with one example... You go on about not messing with Porsche's master engineering plan, you put a 3.3 in a targa dude...

It's clear you're just trying litter the thread with disinformation.
Spence...in California, they do a visual check as well as what comes out the exhaust pipe. The tech's doing their job of smog inspection know that a stock 3.0SC or 3.2L Carrera did NOT come from the factory with intercooler/turbo/wastegate, etc...RED-FLAG, and they are now on the Phone to the CARB(California Air Resources Board), and now you have a lot of explaining as to WTF are these engine/modifications are doing in your car?! Cripes, even the gas cap is tested. We have the toughest emission standards in the world.

I could give you some people's numbers here whom I know thru the POC who have went the 'turbo' route(turbo-ing a 3.0 and 3.2), and it became very expensive lesson in humility and frustration. I had to submit my car to the air resources board as installing a newer engine in an earlier car(and as long as it passes smog, they are happy), but will NOT let you turbo/supercharge an exisiting engine, regardless of it passes smog or not. That's the way they roll here, I don't make the rules, I just found the loophole to get a 3.3 in my car.

Am I wrong, are not there PLENTY of examples right here on this forum of endless frustration of people going thru the same dilema, just to get the car running right, nevermind being subjected to California's stringent emission standards?
Old 06-05-2013, 06:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)