View Single Post

Just seeing your posts Stevie and 66Cal...thanks gentlemen! My car is at Autowerkes here in HB. Should be done tomorrow and I'm glad I didn't do it myself. In addition to moving the oil line, there is another muffler pipe required (hard to find/expensive) to connect to the wastegate properly. This also means the wastegate location adjusts slightly.

I'm going to go over there tomorrow and get some pics of the parts and try and get p/n's. The small pipe connecting to the wastegate we were able to get used in pretty good condition. Otherwise we would have to source from Germany.

I have a Rarlyl8 muffler which fixes this issue (uses a wastegate dump pipe). However, I want the car to be able to go to stock muffler easily so I'm taking the time and $$ to get the required part.

To make things a bit trickier I was out of Brad Penn and you don't just get it at the local store so I found the closest distributor and I can pick it up from his house tomorrow morning.

The crap I go through for this car! If I get it back for the weekend maybe I'll meet you at C&C, '66.

Last edited by bleachii; 06-05-2013 at 08:07 PM..
Old 06-05-2013, 08:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)