View Single Post

Send a message via Yahoo to full quack
Lowered correctly...finally!

Hey all,

Tried to do this as a last winter project, but life got in the way. As some of you know, I'm running a rather low stance car, so this was long over due.

Anyhooo..Just installed 40mm raised front spindles, bump steer kit {with added support bracket} and Von shocks front / rear, with new ball joints for good measure.

Shocks and strut modifications and bump steer kit through Elephant Racing {Chuck is great}, very quick turn around on parts, with perfect implementation.
Ball joints from our host.

Cursory ride to the alignment shop, was very encouraging, way better ride, better bump compliance. The cars front suspension does not seem to be fighting the rear suspension anymore either. Before the car tended to pogo front to rear a bit, and I had a lot of rear patter over pavement seams & such.

I will give you all a better update, after I pick up the car from the alignment shop this afternoon. Should be a fun drive home tonight.

Suspension particulars:
23/30mm torsion bars, 22mm Tarett frt. & rear sways, Wevo rear sway mounts, strut tower brace, Rebel racing frt. & rear bushing systems, 40mm raised spindles, bump steer kit, Von shocks, 17 x 8.5 frt., 18 x 11 rear Fikse 5s running 255's/295's B.F.G-KDW's

Mark

Last edited by full quack; 06-09-2013 at 11:40 AM..
Old 06-06-2013, 08:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)