View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by onboost View Post
1986 930,

Is your car a US or ROW 930? Although I don't know the details of your car, I would assume that Ultrasmith did some electronics owork on your car.. hidden radar, stereo, maybe some seats, and that Ultimate Motorwerks (I think) in N. Jersey did the Ruf mods as they were still the official US Ruf dist around 86/87.. the two companies did a lot of work together and did excellent work.
It was a U.S. car originally sold in Pittsburg. It is as you described. I have the UltraSmith Docs but no invoice from Exclusive Motorwerks. That is the piece I am missing. There may not have been paperwork from RUF since the work was essentially outsourced to RUF N.A. They did the interior and bodywork mods along with short shifter, var boost and the exhaust. They did not do the 3.4 upgrade, 5 speed, and the Intercooler. It does have all of the electric goodies which make the electrical system a challenge for troubleshooting problems.

1986 930 Ultra-Smith RUF Slant Nose conversion, RUF VB, K-27 HF-S, B&B Headers and Exhaust, RUF Short Shifter, RUF Interior
Old 06-07-2013, 02:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)