View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kycarguy 935 View Post
I have 2 factory 1987 slantnose cars and at least one of them has foam core rear brake veins. I think they used wood in the beginning but can't find out what year the changeover is.

The reason I know one is foam core is because it is broke.
I agree. The cut over to to core was probably after the first one was built in '81. But the ol' wives tale of wood slats never diminished.

Do you still have both pieces of the slat? If so, there's a product out there that does a pretty remarkable job of repairing plastic material. It's called Plast-Aid and gives you a couple of repair options. You can create a mold and pour the material in to give you a factory-like duplicate.
Second method is to use Plast-Aid as a bonding agent to join the broken pieces.

I can testify to its effectiveness. We use it in our business for repairing PVC pool plumbing. Handles up to 600 PSI.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 06-07-2013, 02:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)