View Single Post

Can't tell without seeing it but you probably have something installed wrong and the shift coupler is tricky and takes a bit of trying and retrying until you get it just right. If you can't get all the gears thats usually the rear coupler is not positioned quite right.

I have the weltmiester short shifter with tight shifter bushings and homemade tight coupler bushings and it feels and works fantastic.
It took alot of hit and miss repositioning the rear coupler on the splined shaft to get it to shift just right into all forward gears and reverse smoothly with no cclink noises or hangups.
Instructions I found online other than the lower half of the shifter rod being straight up vertical while in nuetral didn't work at all for me.

If money is not an issue than go for the Wevo, it is the best one but the Weltmiester has shorter throws and when it's set up right with tight bushings front and rear it works and feels great.
The factory rear coupler bushings are junk and have for and aft slop clearance built in so you'll never get a tight shifter using those. You can make your own or buy snug brass ones somewhere for it.
Old 06-08-2013, 01:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)