View Single Post

That's the first time I heard there's a star next to one of the splines to line up. There's no star next to a female spline on the replacement CV's that I remember seeing when I replaced all 4 of mine with new Lobro CV's and boots some years ago.
Don't remember seeing one on the ones I removed either but I don't have them anymore so can't look to see.

I tapped the old ones off with a brass hammer and used a big lead shot filled deadblow hard rubber hammer to tap the new ones on. Then put the snap ring in the groove and didn't have any trouble with it.

Cutting one of those cardboard tubes of Swepco Moly grease Pelican sells for a grease gun into 4 equal length sections by sawing at it with a large sharp knife works out to be the right amount of grease to pack into 4 CV joints.
Don't pack any into the boot, just fill the CV joint completely and work it into the balls and grooves with your fingers, and pivot the center part of the CV around with the axle shaft inserted partway into the splines so the balls, grooves, and cage are completely coated and filled with grease.
Old 06-09-2013, 05:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)