View Single Post

Garage
Air pump pulley

Thanks Speedy, I appreciate the link. One thing it does is show is how close the 3/8 and 10 mm pitches are. That is my problem. All of the gears are the same pitch so measuring between two good teeth is fairly straight forward but the two gears pitches are only 0.5 mm different and without hard edges to measure between it can become both sizes. I am inclined to believe it is a 17 tooth, 10 mm pitch gear but I have only found 17 tooth 3/8 pitch gears. Porsche probably had a custom gear fabricated. I have ordered an inexpensive 3/8 tooth belt and a matching gear to compare.

I am keeping everything for the car. I have owned it since '84 when it had only 10K miles on it. There are special features the original owner ordered such as a heated windshield and 16" wheels. It currently is red with tan/black interior but the original color was that beautiful green that he did not like and had the car painted. I have upgraded to a rotary compressor and radiator oil cooler but have kept all of the original stuff. Thanks again for your help.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)