View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraftday View Post
A few factors not heard was consideration to whether or not your G50 is equipped with an LSD unit or open diff? Anti-sway bars, any updates?

If Cervelli did the 5 speed conversion, he had history of gearbox machine works at Motorsport Design = properly done and not cutting the structural integrity of the torsion tube. If open diff then definitely handling and traction could be suffering?

Also with the extra power, updating to a rear dampers with higher rate valving would be an easy starting point. The shocks you have may no longer be holding the pressure. A fresh set of Bilsteins or you to step up to the racing Porsche 934 type valving fo 220 /180. Then if you wanted to convert to coilovers you have the threaded body dampers for adding springs and adjustable hardware future.

Food for thought!
The G50 install was done as noted above, but unfortunately does not have the LSD. The cars handing and traction is much better since the addition of the new rubber on the 8's and 11's. I have been thinking about buying a reduced spacer 1mmish to see if this may be the cure for my clearance issue. I am trying to hold off on installing the coil overs to avoid the suspension slippery slope I will be headed down as I will never track this car or be a better driver than what this car can offer. Regardless I would like to replace the shocks and will most likely get the Bilstein RSR set up so that should I decide to go the coil over route I'll have the threaded body. Food for thought is much appreciated!
Old 06-11-2013, 08:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)