View Single Post

Garage
As stated, CIS can be fine but its getting up there in age and getting somewhat scarce. The youngest examples are 20 years old, and some bits like decel valves or AARs are either NLA or getting Ferrari-like in parts cost. I'd bet in another 10 years, if we can even buy gasoline, just about every 930 still on the road will have EFI. I have a copy of Probst's CIS bible and it demystified the whole system for me, and mine has been trouble free for 5 years now, but you only need one hand to count the resources that still service the fuel heads, WUR, and injectors. How many are still hanging on in 10 years?
EFI is of course better, and really a prerequisite for 400HP+ builds, but you really do need a good tuner. And its not cheap. Stephen at Imagine Auto was trying to bring a plug and play kit to the market for under $10k and couldn't do it. Pat Williams has a nice setup that retains the stock pancake intake but its $$ and he doesn't sell direct.

I'd break in a new engine on my known good CIS before I started sorting out EFI maps while trying to break it in.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)