View Single Post
Bad LT

Very intersting.
A one way -6AN check valve would stop any back flow if you feed into the sump from the turbo. I don't like two things about it though. First off is will you get enough fall in the line from the turbo to sump to know that your not going to get a coke build up in the turbo?
Second is the problem of if you run it back to the sump with the current pump will you build pressure in the case. Like you said it well vent to the top of the case but its not at all want.

You could use a VDO/5R inline pump that won't suffer from the same cavitation in the line as the pump we use but I think you will still see some air in the line at idle.

I am thinking I might do something like this...

Turbo>6AN line with a T peice next to tank>One fitting running to high mounted breather>One fitting running to tank>Tank drain to 12v return pump>Main tank.

This should give the main tank a nice solid feed from the pump. Anyhow I'll knock it up and get some photos.

Last edited by Uncle; 06-11-2013 at 06:56 PM..
Old 06-11-2013, 06:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #73 (permalink)