View Single Post
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kojo911 View Post
Bilsteins shocks are specific for make and model of the car. That is a Bilstein HD for a BMW has different valving than an HD shock for a 911. Bilsteins can be custom valved for your specific application, JWE enterprises in Cambell CA does it as does Bilstein N/A. You have to tell them what springs/torsion bars you are using and what your application is (street, track etc.)
Exactly.
I called Ramone over at Bilstein NA and he was a gem to me. They revalved my inserts and rear shocks and replaced any worn parts. Pricing was fair and they turned it around quickly. They also supplied new bump stops which you were talking about in your other posts and which I found impossoble to source anywhere.
He needs to know your torsion bar sizes and how you intend to drive the car.
I think there is a spec sheet to fill out for the service that gets shipped in with the shocks.
Then you can say you have custom valved shocks for your car!

Fred
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 06-12-2013, 09:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)