View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie's.930 View Post
I have no doubt that your beast is faster, but I wonder which car utilizes more of this?!

I'm embarrassed to say, but also happy to say, that good old JB has come through for me on my 930. Three years and counting, still rock solid. It was an integral part of my Fred Flintstone mod, since I couldn't find anyone who could weld magnesium without causing an epic fireworks display. BOV update with short neck IC
Probably a lot better stuff out there, but it's what I had on hand.

Just got back from 'turbo drying' my ride following a quick stop at the car wash. It's 91 degrees outside, a bit warmish and my AFR's a showing richer than usual, but had a great time racing myself - since there's only one other Porsche in town and I think I would smoke him should we ever get silly. Sunroof open, both windows open, cranking her up to 85 in second gear and on to the stratosphere from there. Sounds glorious when the WG opens, I think my BP is still up.

As to the video that Willtel posted, I've never smoked my tires from a standstill start. From a rolling start...yes. Man, that's gotta be hard on things dontchathink?
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 06-16-2013, 03:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)