View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
You can put the cap head screws in a drill chuck and sand off the knurling of the allen heads so the sump pump pin doesn't engage with such an abrasive material. I've shimmed the allen screws so the drive pin engages more in the middle of the cap head.

Check your hard line between the sump pump and drip tank. A pin hole the line or a poor fitting in the line will cause a loss in pump efficiency.

I've got close to 80K miles on my pump and have found that prior to shutdown, I'll have to rev the engine to approx. 2K RPM for about 10-15 sec. to ensure that small drip tank is evacuated. I don't know if this due to the turbo's shaft journals passing more oil than when new or what, but it seems to help minimize those annoying/random puff of smoke start-ups.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 06-17-2013, 03:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)