View Single Post

Mine will light up in the first 1/4 turn of the crank no matter how many weeks she sits between runs, and only takes maybe one good revolution when hot. Thank God my accumulator is still in good shape.

Scott - to your original post - "giving it a little gas" won't do anything. Fine if you're driving a carburetted car with an accelerator pump, but keep your foot off the gas with CIS. The gas thing is all taken care of for you! But if for some reason it's flooded, then holding it to the floor might help get more air in there.

Keep it simple as Jim has said. We tend to give worse-case scenario advice on here. If you can hear your pumps running and the relays are hot enough to fry an egg, then assume you're good to go in that area. As everyone has already said, it might be fuel accumulator related. But let me offer this up to everyone: A bad accumulator may result in more cranks than normal to start up, but eventually it should build pressure and start! Right/wrong...what d'yall think?

CDI heat soak was also mentioned. Maybe, maybe not. Put a baggie of ice on the CDI for a few minutes next time she acts up. Just some diagnostic stuff from someone that's 'out there' more often than not anymore.....
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)