View Single Post

Thanks for all the replies. Theres lots of information here and I enjoyed reading every reply. I can say with confidence that I will be sticking with the CIS for now. It sounds like when set up properly, they are indeed reliable

I should probably start a tread on my project but its not a project most of you will be interested in since its not a 930. To be honest, its a bit of a disaster but hopefully fun to drive. Its a 993TT body ( Factory steel panels ) with 993 targa glass roof but based on a 89 torsion bar chassis . . Engine is a 3.3 Turbo, already twin plugged with a G50 transmission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattrorunner View Post
I like cis.
It's easy, and works.
If yours doesn't work, fix it.
If you want 500hp then go efi.
Btw I think you'll like the andial Intercooler.
Sometimes we can get freaked out by all the threads about a topic and think your doomed because of them. But reality is less extreme and you just need to sit back and relax.
Build the engine, maybe don't worry about twin plugging as you don't really need it anyway, enjoy that turbo, cis will keep up with it till 1.1 bar at least. You have a better everything.
Build it already and quit making the project more complicated is what I say.
Don't you want to drive it? Hurry up.
Very motivating reply, right to the point. Thanks.
I never dismantled the engine , I did a leak down test when I got it and it ranged from 2-4% . It should be in good condition.
From reading your treads, it sounds like you definitely have your CIS tuned correctly. Thank you
Old 06-17-2013, 06:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)