View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
gsxrken,
This is the first year I've run 100% M1 V-Twin 20-50W. In previous years, I've used a 50/50 blend of M1 15-50W and M1 V-Twin. Two observations, valve train noise is more subdued with either combination over any other oil I've used. Secondly, oil pressure throughout different temperature ranges seems more consistent.

Quattrorunner,
I only use synthetic oil for only one reason, its resistance to coking.( whether it's 100%, 90%, 80% synthetic is not the issue here ). V-Twin was selected for its ZDDP content. After going through valve damage to coking bits clogging #3 and #6 cylinder spray bar orifices, synthetic is the only oil this engine sees. Since that fateful event, I use an inline oil filter between the turbo sump pump and main oil tank. Porsche in its infinite wisdom, chose not to filter the oil from the turbocharger before returning it to the oil tank. What were they thinking?!
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 06-18-2013, 05:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)