View Single Post
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by T77911S View Post
good advice. check the leak down.

mine stays pressurized for quite a while. but it will eventually go to zero. like the next day. it still starts the same.
now that i say that. how many days should it hold pressure?

is there a check valve in the fuel line like the 911 has?
There are specs in the workshop manual but you should expect to take readings at shut down and then 10 minutes later and 20 minutes later. Pressure will be some value at each time interval.

You need to throw some pressure gages on the system to verify these numbers....but I think its good to document this for future reference so you have a baseline for your engine to go back to when you start modifying it.

My money is on lose fuel pump relays.....mine have a nasty habit of working lose from their holders over time and result in the same symptoms of no start.

Fred
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 06-18-2013, 09:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)