View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboKraft View Post
Don't despair, we have seen this same thing when installing a brand new C2T K27-7200, genuine 3K-Warner right out of the box.
Our operating theory is this:
The old turbo is slowly coking up, restricting oil flow. Same oil pressure and volume in, less and less out.
At the same time, the scavenge pump is slowly losing efficiency, seals hardening, sucking less oil per revolution.
Whenever we install a new journal bearing we also
* replace the stock oil supply line -- it is likely coked up some and you don't want a chunk of carbon to come out and block one of the tiny oil holes in the bearings
* rebuild the scavenge pump with new seals & gasket, plus air injection pulley housing seal & gasket
We frequently sell these in kits to people who call/email with this exact same problem, and most of the time a pump rebuild cures it.
I will sent you an e-mail and send me the stuff I need! thanks for your help Chris!
One more thing, if it would be the scavenge pump, would this damage the turbo or is it still usable?

Last edited by klefroid; 06-18-2013 at 01:47 PM..
Old 06-18-2013, 01:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)