View Single Post
Large Member

Garage
yep, it's me - for better / werserer

So I got the belts in last night. Few notes:

- the supplied top bolts are barely long enough to get the starter thread to bite (because another 2 f'n threads would weigh / cost too much I'm guessing - wtf)
- said lack of bite had me thinking it was loosely secured until I tug'd on the belt and the reel came flying at me
- said reel flying caused said reel to inexplicably lockup - apparently these are precocious little buggers
- unlocking reel took entiiiiiiirely too long / too much effort
- squeezing reel assembly to manipulate it into place within the sound pad to line up the bolt (reference said bolt length, ends up being a colossal PITA to get it to bite) then leads to the reel binding and not retracting and sounding all sorts of graunchy... the plastic case must be gently pulled 'apart' to remedy (reference aforementioned precoucious little bugger statement)

screw spending the crink on a replacement panel, I slotted mine and will install the plastic trimbits upon their arrival 8-)

all in all, what should have been a (12) phillips screws & (4) 17mm bolt job turned into a (4) bier cussfest - par / unfortunately typical course

not the most funnest place to spend any amount of time in mind you... esp when it's humid and you're fumbling w/ things getting frustrated

alas, my monsters (roflmao @ crotchfruit btw) will be more securely buckled back thar now which is cool and worth it

good luck on yours, Eric

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |

Last edited by krasuskyp; 06-19-2013 at 05:19 AM..
Old 06-19-2013, 05:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)