View Single Post

OK Paul, we'll give you credit for the pumping like a bastard idea. I'm changing my view and may no longer laugh at people that haven't come over to the dark side of fuel injection and are still living in the carburetted past where accelerator pumps and choke butterflys were the norm for starting cars. I've always got a kick out of folks (often old timers like us) that when confronted with a non-starting car can be seen violently stomping the bee-Jesus out of their go pedal, hoping to squirt some go-juice and get going!

Relative to this post, I'm fer thinkin' the hot issue is with injectors leaking down and pooling on top of the pistons. The stomping/pumping while cranking is letting more air in...same as just holding the pedal to the metal and cranking till she farts.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)