View Single Post

Garage
LOL! Has my wife hacked your user name?
I've been wrong before. I'm sure it'll happen again.

Quote:

Quote de gsxrken

One of the tiresome things about "oil threads", as Mark H alluded to, is how much opinion and half- assed tech is thrown around in them and how few conclusions can be drawn from them. Who the hell knows if running brand X for 3,500 miles led to accelerated wear, when no one is measuring anything.

I hope this thread is slightly different. There's a school of thought that says run whatever you want, just change it regularly. I don't buy that anymore. I'm a long time 930 owner who knows my car well, and empirically it started running hotter and with more pressure particularly when cold with Brad Penn. I went back to the M1 and temp and pressure is back to how it used to be. I figured I'd post my finding.

API & ASTM have strict testing methods and there are lots of engineer's measuring parts for wear. Your wrong, you couldn't be more wrong even if your name was Mr. Wrong and you were the Mayor of Wrongville. Saying that "no one is measuring anything" is very far from the truth.

Finn
Old 06-21-2013, 08:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)