View Single Post
dkbautosports.com

no in your case the 2 is not BASF as what i stated before .
your color name is also not what you stated unless it's a metallic and by your code it is not !
the color name of your car is Burgunderrot with a code of 817 . the english word for burgunderrot is burgundy red .
the other colors i'm talking about are burgunder and burgunder metallic missing red ( not your color ).
that is were and why you are seeing alot of red on what is called the flip of the color .

i was one of the dept heads of coating at PORSCHE AG for years . that is how i came by the books .
as for the amount of porsches painted that color like i said before i'm not doing that any more for any one . it takes to much of my time to look up 5 to 10 peoples cars every day . now ever not to many that color it was not popular do not confuse a not popular with a rare color they are not the same a rare color is a 99 color and a not popular color is one that did not sell all that well . that is not to say it's not in any way a good looking color i kind of like it but by the 1980's it was a dated color making the car look more like a late 1960's or 1970 car that is why it was not a good selling color . brite colors were popular in the 1980's remember neon's also pastels and super shades .
Old 07-05-2013, 05:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)