View Single Post

I busted out my Milleramatic 140 Mig Welder to weld the bung in but in hindsight I should have used my Tig welder for a cleaner, more aesthetic looking weld.

Nevertheless, the Mig did the job just fine, it just doesnt look as nice as I want it.

I ran the wiring as far away from any heat related sources and routed through the rearfender well.

I decided this would be a good time to run the boost line since it would be easy to plumb it next to the wideband wiring. I T'ed into the wastegate line since from what I read it's a reliable source for boost readings.

The wideband wiring is a bit short since it's being run from the back to the front so I needed to extend the wiring. Thankfully, AEM provides ample wiring on the second harness so I took the wire I cut off from there and used it to extend the wideband harness.

I found a hole right by the front drivers jacking point that lead into the cabin.

I snaked both the boost line and harness through the hole and sealed it with silicone.

Here's a not so good view of the wiring and boost line running up into a grommet that leads to the dash.

With the boost line and wiring now accessible, I plugged it all into the gauge.

All the gauges were then installed back again. I'm pretty happy with how the wideband looks in the factory spot.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)