View Single Post

Garage
Porsche Crest my 81 928 won't start...help

My 1981 928 sat for a few years and last year was taken to local repair shop where a friend works due to money this was a slow project. The car ran when it arrived needed to be checked out brakes exhaust etc. also clutch slave cylinder needed to replaced and was done and working car ran and drove...not by me...in finishing up work they went through some little things and replaced window switch that wasn't working. Now car won't start turns over but no spark they have gone through things that know to look for but to no end they are familiar with cars like this that have strange systems.

They are now wanting me to bring it home little frustrated one don't wanna pay for another tow and two it ran when it got there. I am no mechanic I'm a chef this was my dads car and its more memories than value I drove this car for first time 22 years ago. I have been looking thriugh forums for a couple days now and need your help I have seen alot about crankshaft position sensor but on later model 28s can't find one for 81 so not really sure if it has one two or not at all hoping it does and seems like easy fix. Any suggestions or info would be awesome.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)