View Single Post

weighing in with limited knowledge

Some more knowledgable members will comment I hope, but the first thing I would ask them to do is check the fuses and replace the fuel injection relay. They can find the relay chart in the owner's manual, if you have it. You can get one from Pelican and have them install it.

If you can list what they fixed, maybe we can figure out the systems they touched and can narrow it down a little. Are you sure you have spark? Have them confirm that the fuel pump is running. If it isn't it might just be the fuel pump relay. The electrical systems in these cars are now over 30 years old and therefore a little fragile. Especially the 14 pin connector on the passenger side.

Also, a car that has been sitting for a while is going to need other things, like a look at the fuel lines to make sure they're safe. Therefore, another option that I would suggest is to tow it to a place that knows about these cars and the common problems. Maybe a member here can weigh in on someone in Ohio.

Good luck! I get the sentimental value thing. I have a Ronson lighter my dad had in the Navy. I spent stupid money to get it fixed and I don't even smoke.
Old 07-18-2013, 07:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)