Thread: my "TO DO" list
View Single Post

oh yeah it's called open loop mode...
it's changing the frequency the inline injector/pulse valve is pulsing at and returning fuel from the lower differential chambers in the lambda fuel head to the fuel tank so as more fuel is returned from them to the tank and the diaphram seperating the upper and lower chambers drops lower in the fuel head uncovering the orifices in the top chambers it lets more fuel go to the injectors... so it runs a little richer.

btw, that white wire soldered to the pin in your picture from the plug for the speed relay.. thats the one that was making bad contact in my car when I bought it and it would shut the fuel pumps off and leave me stranded on the side of the road, at intersections, or even better on a bridge over the intracoastal waterway.

that white wire goes to the overboost sending unit and the yellow relay fuel pump ground chain from hell that most 930 owners eventually have to deal with. it even ties into the alarm system controller under the cowl by the glove box.

the power drain in the cabin might be the door light switches in the door jams that ground the interior lights that are hot all the time.
the glove box light switch is hot all the time too, if they weren't they wouldn't light up if the ignition is off.

you can put a digital ammeter in line with the battery cable and remove one fuse at a time to help find the power drain.

and.. those blower fans from harbor freight help make it bearable working on the car in this humid summer heat,,, they blow away some of the mosquitos too.
Old 07-18-2013, 07:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)