View Single Post

Garage
Nissan rust and warranty....

I would like to give you my views on Nissan warranties and how they don't honor them. I have a 2006 Nissan Xtrail(think small Xterra - US does not have the Xtrail).

Way back within the warranty period I had rust starting around the rear wheel wells.
The dealer said it was not covered by warranty. I did not document it and did not take pictures. Too bad. We were walking in our neighborhood recently and met a man who had a year old Nissan Duke. He said the paint on the front bumper was peeling and the dealership said the warranty would not cover that.

What is it with some car manufacturers that do not honor their warranties or attempt to keep their customers happy? I used to have a '95 Chrysler AWD Voyager van and the transmission failed just outside the warranty mileage limit. To their credit the dealership rebuilt the transmission. I phoned Chrysler head office and they said there were no problems with the transmission...

The Nissan Juke owner and myself both agreed we would never buy another Nissan.

I don't think anything would have punch except a class action lawsuit. Is it that hard to set up? Lawyer expense etc. What is the chance of success? The Porsche Boxster IMS lawsuit seems to have some good results....
Do any of you have Nissans and if so do you have problems with having your warranty honored? The last two times we have been in the US I have rented a Nissan Sentra and an Altima. Both solid driving cars. What is it with this manufacturer that they think they can carry on like this and not keep customers happy? I would take a Toyota or Honda product over Nissan any day. Your thoughts?
Old 07-28-2013, 05:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)