Thread: Wireless AFR
View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
iPhone? It's not stand alone? I didn't copy/paste the link. Not interested in that.
Ok kids, there are some old farts lurking around this here forum. I like the wireless AFR idea, considering the miles of wire a person has to snake through our cars to install even the most rudimentary AFR setup. Pretty cool approach. Now keep in mind that us old farts are lucky to have just your basic cell phone....you know, something that sends and receives calls, just like your land line at home (oh....sorry....nobody has land lines anymore but for us old stick in the muds).

Now, I'm here to tell ya....my company just upgraded my dinosaur cell phone to an iPhone (not sure what the "i" stands for, but this sure as chit aint just a phone). Just two days ago, and I've entered the world of the gadget obsessed. You can see me nowadays walking through life with my head pointed down towards my communication crutch, checking IM's, emails, the stock market, texting people, getting directions.....you name it, the all consuming pastime of the young and innocent. That's all that life is about anymore. But....if it will give me AFR's, I can dig it. Never too old to learn new tricks. My ma, who turns 86 next month, would love one of these. She handles this sort of technology pretty well still.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 10-16-2013, 06:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)