View Single Post
7.0:1 > 11.3:1

Garage
Clutch, regarding the intake manifold there are enough random tabs protruding from the intake manifold you can tie the left and right halves together and create some brackets to hold the manifolds down onto the plastic risers which are bolted to the heads. I ran for a while without anything but every once in a while the left and right halves would pop apart at 6 psi. My car is a 95 993 which used the plastic intake, but I ditched it this summer in lieu of an alum intake from a 964 which I could weld onto to make hold downs and also make a number of other mods.

edit: Clutch, you might try and find out what the supercharger kit guys do for efi fuel mods. I believe they use a re-mapped stock ecu and run up to 8 psi/ .5 bar. Beware though, detonation is a huge issue with stock compression ratio, and pump fuel.

I'm not literate with tuning or altering the stock injection, I used aftermarket efi.

You can see a tang beside the left and right central hose clamps which could be used to secure the halves together with a flat strap. On the alum intake one tang is missing so you'd have to have one welded on.

Plastic and aluminum manifolds are the same shape, tangs in nearly identical locations. 1990 964 is aluminum, 1995 993 black plastic.

Last edited by Jim2; 10-26-2013 at 04:40 PM..
Old 10-26-2013, 04:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)