View Single Post

Awesome, thanks guys.

The more I think about it the more 30-35K sounds like a premium for this particular car. I spoke with NathanM who buys and sells p-cars over across the mountain at CVluxury cars and he gave me allot to think about as well.

The general opinion seems to be that what kills these engines is lack of use and/or mods without adequate fueling. I guess its not shocking, mechanical fuel injection at the limit is not terrific at maintaining the kinds of varying AFRs big boost cars need. Im familiar with CIS and its pitfalls and I have also gone the route of tearing it out and going full stand alone management. Both have a time, place and cost.

I think I will know in the for 2mins of actually seeing the car in the flesh where I stand. I am very very picky when it comes to paint. I can live with and overcome mechanical challenges but paint and body work is a whole other story.

Speaking of stories, this car will always have one. No matter how good it is and how much is put into it, the story will remain. I guess the question is, will I love it enough not to care. And will I feel good enough about the possibility of never getting my purchase price back out of it to never regret making the car payment. Tough questions.

The PPI is another challenge. Normally I would definitely have John Walker inspect the car, however the seller doesn't want to bring it an 1.5hrs north to do so which I can understand. The only shop I know of in Olympia is the shop where he brings the car to now. Most mechanics would do the right thing but its still a risk to get sand bagged. Any recommendations for a shop in, around Olympia WA?

And one last thing that I am terribly embarrassed to admit. I have never even sat in a 930. I "test drove" a 3.2 Carrera where the seller drove me to a cul de sac in the city and told me to keep it under the speed limit.

Im going to ask the seller to drive the car with me initially and do some WOT runs then I will finish the test drive. Im not keen on flogging a car i don't own and don't know.

What else folks?

And since anyone with half a brain could find the car in question, here is the ebay link.

Porsche 930 2 Door Coupe | eBay
Old 10-26-2013, 07:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)