View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by j930 View Post
i believe Alan Johnson used all OEM parts. although its not a true slant nose in that it was built in the motherland i can't imagine how there is not value there. i can't imagine how you can go wrong, beautiful car!
There is definitely value there, especially with the use of OEM parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986 930 View Post
I think that a quality conversion will do as well as a factory conversion given that the entry price of the factory conversion is generally higher. The investment potential is as much about what you pay up front as it is about a factory slant vs. an Alan Johnson, RUF, or other quality upgrade vendors. There will always be those who want the factory slant for collectability purposes but driving the car will dampen those investor types.

That appears to be a pretty sweet ride! If you can get into it for the price you want, that looks like a winner! They ain't getting cheaper whether they are a factory slant or not.
I agree with you.. and btw your car is really schweet.. as most Ultrasmith cars were!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shlobeck View Post
TT I'd wait for a 505 car, they're out there, you just need some time and patience. The value and collectability is worth the wait compared to a conversion. I'm assuming this wont be your 'driver', and will surely be your 'baby' like your previous car. Good luck, keep searching.
That to me makes the assumption that the purchase of one of these cars is based on
"value and collectability." What about enjoyment of use.. after all, its just a car right? Albeit a special car.
RGruppe #180
So many cars..so little time!!
Old 11-18-2013, 10:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #702 (permalink)