Thread: No boost?
View Single Post
Brando

Garage
OK, it's been an interesting evening.
To start, I installed a pump some cool dude lent me. It also was out flowed, though better than my pump. I'd say mine would be fine if I had the right size restrictor. So I hammered the hole smaller
Replaced the restrictor and started it back up. It worked, no more smoke. I replaced everything I could remember that might be undone and went for a ride. Boost was nearly as quick as the Garrett but not the same. I still didn't have the response I was used to. Here is a little video of my adventure.

I didn't set out loOKing for a fight, it just happened.
And then after this

I'd say that was a stock Z06 but I just didn't have what I usually have. Didn't really have time to look at gauges, my drive was a little quick tonight. But it was nice to get back into the old girl. Even still she did OK I guess.
I had no more boost.
After all is said and done, even with it boosting, it didn't feel and sound the same. I like the Garrett. I'm still going to try and figure out what's wrong with the Holset, but it just didn't have the snap I have come to enjoy. The Garrett has a whip snapper feel to it. This turbo felt OK. I'll give more feedback once I drive more but I'm a little bummed out that I have no boost. I mean zero boost. It drives NA style.
Whats up wit dat?
Old 12-02-2013, 09:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #170 (permalink)