View Single Post

Garage
I wish I wasn't writing this, NEED HELP!

What a rotten day!

I need help.

On the way home from work, I got rear-ended by a guy who did not pay attention, he said he was picking up caugh drops...
Anyways my precious Porsche got hit bad. It doesn't look like much but it is not good. It was a clean rear hit. The bumper did all it could, but the the right rear quarter crumbled and the doors doesn't work, in other words, structural damage.

I know I should be happy, because apart from a slight headache and neck pain, I am ok.
I saw the guy in the rear view mirror, but thought he was gonna brake, he didn't, for a split second thought about driving into the shoulder, but time is kind of limited, so all I could do was brace for impact.
Good thing is, I got a witness who saw it all, so the guilt is beyond doubt. Police report and all.

Pictures :

The car was smoking as I pulled over, so I shut if off ASAP.

My car has just been repainted back to its original guise, I got the CoA and has had a top end + atl Franz Blam racing in tucker.

My point is, apart from being my dear 930, it is quite unique. With some very rare options, color is one of them. Supposedly one of only two delivered like this. Now it is damaged.

Now to where I need help.
I am Still fairly new to this country, so I need help on how to handle this regarding insurance and finding the right shop etc. to ensure my car gets what it deserves.

Claim has been filed and the other party's insurance (AAA) is gonna cover it. However there are many ways of doing this, often only one right way, this is where I need some experienced advice.

Just got my motul oil for an oil change, guess that'll have to wait...

Any help and advice is appreciated.

This is a huge bummer for me. This car is a keeper and my only chance of ever owning one of these creatures, so this is FUBAR.
www.stauningwhisky.dk

Last edited by jsveb; 12-03-2013 at 07:48 PM..
Old 12-03-2013, 06:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)