View Single Post

I had a claim with AAA a few years back when we lived in NorCal. They tried to screw me for everything they could. Despite the fact that I had over $40k in receipts and photos documenting my bus, which my AAA agent assured me would protect me, the claims agent tried to tell me they put a totaled value on the bus of $5k. I was lucky that the body shop whom I've worked with before was also a AAA shop. They blew off the agent, fixed everything correctly and got AAA to cover it. When my Boxster got hit, the AAA claims adjuster tried to get my mechanic to use after market instead of oem parts. He also blew them off.

You want to make sure that who ever does the work uses oem factory parts, not aftermarket. Hopefully your mechanic should be willing to fight it out, and have him oversee all the repairs, including body & paint work. Since it also sounds you have structural and mechanical damage. You expect the car to be repaired exactly to the same state it was before you were hit, unless it's deemed totaled. Good luck.
Old 12-03-2013, 07:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)