View Single Post
Non User

Garage
Sorry to hear this. Keep your fingers in the mix at every point, don't expect your company (or your agent) to protect you as in the end the bean counters will want to settle for the least amount possible, in the shortest timeframe, read everything and take your time making decisions. The last accident my wife was in started with an estimate for under 9k, I laughed and told them it would be over 20k... In the end it was 22k, they kept "finding" damage as they disassembled the car (2 year old Benz- thankfully it was leased). We had a pos rental car for almost 6 mos, they fought to cover anything beyond the damage to the car - wife and my two little girls had back issues for at least a year after the accident. I finally threatened the other insurance company stating that my kids would get in front of the judge and cry if need be... They paid up, but in the end I only got covered for all the expenses, it adds up.... There was defiantly a P&S component, but I dropped it due to the hassle...
'76 Turbo Carrera #311 - Factory LSD, Sport Seats
'75 914 GT clone project
'71 914 track car
Old 12-03-2013, 08:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)