View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboKraft View Post
Jesper,

Glad you are alright. It bears repeating: go to a doctor and get really checked out. Been there, too; injury from accidents often pop up later, and this is plainly the other guy's responsibility.

Absolutely collect real market value on the car, and document it. Hagerty is a great source, and Excellence also runs market value reports annually or semi-annually. IIRC, in one report Bruce Anderson stated something to the effect of "add 10% for rare editions (ex Slantnose), 10% for rare options (ex: sunroof delete, cloth seats), 10% for exceptional condition (ex: fresh engine & paint)" If the value of a plain 930 was $58.4k, that would put your car closer to $69k or more. Have those receipts and high quality photos ready to show that your collectible car was really in the condition your are claiming and worth your claimed value. Hopefully your State Farm agent is really on your side and willing to go 10 rounds with the other guy's insurance to make this right. Too often they aren't, they want to settle fast and move on, so keep him/her on a short leash.

On to the car -- I've seen a lot worse than that brought back to 100%. Frame rack for sure, and a shop experienced with this generation Porsche will get it completely straight, no issues. Fortunately you are in an area of the country where there are many highly experienced shops. If you don't have anyone you are happy with now, email me and I'll give you some names of shops to start calling.

Hi Chris

Thanks for chiming in.

I wasn't planning on letting anybody but me work on my car, so I don't know any shops in this area. The only one I have heard of that I would consider is all the way in AZ...
I will be sending you an email, thanks
I am looking at valuation and would still appreciate any input some of you guys might have. I think it is obvious (still) when looking at the car, it was in perfect condition. In fact, I would say, the only thing separating it form concours was a weekend of cleaning, but being a pelican that weekend is spent changing oil and messing with control pressure etc.

on the options, forgot to mention. Turbo badge delete. The original owner was surely aiming for a stealth look.

Quattro, yes this surely sucks big time. Though risking sounding like a complete sob, when I came home, my three year old boy was all upset that daddy's Porsche was broken and being towed, could we fix it? He loves that car. Constantly runs around with a black 911 turbo and a red Carrera GT in his hands.

Appreciate the feedback and support. Keep it coming, I am trying to lay out my strategy...

T77911S, this guy never even touched his brakes I remember thinking, no, really. Smack.
www.stauningwhisky.dk

Last edited by jsveb; 12-04-2013 at 03:24 AM..
Old 12-04-2013, 03:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)