Thread: Longneck
View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
The difference between the 965 BOV and my freshly rebuilt 930 BOV is absolutely zero. Nadda. None. I can't telll where the 965 BOV does any better job. What it DOES do is really clean up the bay and make that godforsaken #1 spark plug reachable.
For that alone it is worth the switch.
I believe you're absolutely correct. I went through all that work to delete the stock recirc manifold and fit an after market BOV while keeping my short neck IC (my goal was to remove that chunk of magnesium, use a potentially quicker operating BOV, and not have to mess with an adaptor to fill in the blanks). It was fun, probably a waste of time and $$, but works fine. All I really gained was a few pounds less weight most likely and cleaning up the engine bay, so I guess that's worth something.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 12-10-2013, 06:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)