View Single Post
Mo (guest)

Hi All,

I need some advice for my 1995 Bmw E34 540i V8 and hope someone can help me as I have been given different opinions and need a reliable source to lead me in the right direction.

My 540i used to be perfect until about 2/3 weeks ago where I started to notice my heater playing up. It took ages for it to blow out hot or warm air through the vents. I checked the coolant level and all is fine and well. No loss of water or coolant. now its got to a stage where it only blows out cold air. I have tried tapping the heater valve but didn't help until out of frustration, I hit the highway and put my FOOT DOWN and what do I feel blowing against my face... hot air through the vent ! I was pleased but as soon as I stopped, the air went ice cold again. the temp needle has always stayed between the 1/4 or middle and never above.

I have had someone tell me to buy a new heater valve , a thermostat, a new heater hedgehog etc. and to be honest, before I spend a penny, I want to be led in the right direction as I have learnt from my previous mistakes and just fired into everything in my old E34 without thinking twice and spent a lot of ...

can anyone please give me some advice as to what's happening here... it will be greatly appreciated.

Kindest Regards and Seasons Greetings.

Old 12-21-2013, 01:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)