View Single Post

Garage
Crawling back up the slope...

Well guys, I have settled on a shop for now.

The body shop that will handle the collision part is Dell autobody in Campbell. It came recommended by rgofast, pelican and David Loop, a former Porsche mech here from the Monterey area, also remembered it, from his days in the business, as a good shop. I went up there on Thursday to check it out, and the shop seemed like a really nice place that handles restorations and collision off all sorts of high-end cars. I saw everything from a 356, a Datsun, 964, 996/7 race cars to a countach and Gallardo and also a Bentley, a lotus etc etc. The reason I settle on this shop, was the service they seem to provide on the whole insurance part of this. They were very friendly in explaining things, more than twice... To make sure I felt as comfortable as can be when not being used to this sort of thing.

The engine shop that will go over the engine is Don Wise, Donsautowerks, it is an oldschool shop kind of like franz Blam in tucker where I just had the engine rebuilt about a year and a half ago.

Pictures:

The car is loaded onto the flatbed, looks sad to me.

And then we followed the truck to the shop:

And this is how I left it at Dell's bodyshop:

I will continue to upload progress on the revival of my car.

I want to thank all you guys whom have posted and PMed me with advice and general support!

More to follow...
www.stauningwhisky.dk
Old 12-24-2013, 08:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #67 (permalink)