Thread: 930 Wanted!
View Single Post
I've gone native

There are three kinds of cars worth having, the first two catagories are stone cold stock low mile garage queens and "drivers", these are nice cars, few more miles, simple boltons, good condition and no stories. Th last group are cars with stories, accident hx, multiple owners, lack paperwork, non original, need tons of work and don't present well. Miles is a notoriously poor and inaccurate barometer of a 930. Overall condition and history trump odometer mileage in a big way. I'd much prefer a well cared for, documented 99k mile car to a car with low miles, no records and a story.
I don't foresee a bubble burst, but I do see a flattening in the rapid ascent in prices as winter, logical thinking and flippers who've artificially manipulated some car prices have trouble unloading cars from that third, less desireable category. But, there will be another price increase in the spring, and all cars will see their value increase because last time I checked, they ain't makin anymore!
In short, the best value would be a near stock car, super clean, 86-88, in the 45-55k price range without stories. When you see one, be prepared to pounce and don't expect much of a discount for either simple boltons or the asking price, because that 55k$ car now is going to be 60-65 in the spring.
IMHO of course....

Last edited by Tt surgeon; 01-09-2014 at 03:14 PM..
Old 01-09-2014, 03:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)