View Single Post
Banned

That seems about normal regarding oil temp in 40 degree weather - in warmer weather, you will see it will get quite a bit hotter, especially if you are in heavy stop and go traffic when the outside temps are approaching 100.

It is the consensus here, and on the 911 Forum, that it is best to keep your oil level between the low and high marks on the dip stick. Like Paul mentioned earlier in the thread, if the level is at the max line, or above, then oil tends to want to belch out of the oil tank breather. One thing to keep in mind, too, is that finding the oil level a bit too low is not a big deal as the system holds around 12-13 quarts in total, so being low a quart or so is of no real consequence.

I enjoy reading your posts, as though I suppose it doesn't really matter with regard to a message board, it is refreshing to see some still show respect for the written word in this day of quick, and extremely lazy, writing styles (Paul/krasuskyp gets a pass from criticism, though, because his posts are so damn funny, and I bang on him enough for his "styling" tastes anyway)!

Last edited by Ronnie's.930; 01-10-2014 at 07:32 PM..
Old 01-10-2014, 07:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #114 (permalink)