View Single Post

Bosch 044 fuel pump install ..in the rear

Installed a new Bosch 044 fuel pump in the back today.
Hardest part was wiggling and pushing the new rubber boots over the wire terminals after I had the pump installed. Not much hand room down there while laying on your back under the car.

I took off the check valve and used the banjo bolt from the origonil pump in a check valve spacer because the front pump has one so there's no need for another one on the rear pump. Thats how the origonal pumps are set up and this way I didn't have to buy a banjo cap nut for the check valve or make one out of the other check valve spacer by cutting off the male threads and brazing up the hole.

I bought an M18x1.5 to M14x1.5 reducer for the 044 inlet threads that let me use the fuel inlet fitting from the original rear 930 pump from British American Transfer in Sarasota, Florida. British American Transfer.
It's very well made. part number is 912-18-14 on web page http://97.74.32.155/files/metric.pdf

I have to thank David Cole for turning me on to BAT. They have more of this kind of stuff than anywhere else in the states and no one else had one with metric threads.
All the custom made alternatives were more expensive and then some...

Good things travel in pairs... 044 fuel pumps do too.

I snapped a few pics before and after installing it.
Both 044 pumps are running smooth and quiet.

Last edited by JFairman; 01-12-2014 at 06:41 PM..
Old 01-12-2014, 06:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)